are the Same.
Get 30 Years of Expertise Immediately.
Fill in the form below and we will get to work right away.
CPU respects your privacy. We will never sell, rent or share to ANYONE. You can trust us.
You’ve been waffling around on social media for months, hoping to get that increased spike in business you’ve heard rumors about. But after storming out of the gates, signing up for Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and others, you’ve seen little by way of results – and have less than a few hundred social media followers to show for it. Not to worry, there are some proven strategies that will leave you smacking your forehead and wondering why you didn’t think of them. Read on for some sensible social media tips that will get your business rolling.
Undoubtedly, the most important strategy to use in your social media plan is…to have a strategy to begin with. Know how much time you can dedicate to social media, block out the hours to focus on it and don’t waste that time checking out friends’ vacation photos or celebrity twitter feeds.
If you don’t have a strategy, you’re going to waste time posting irrelevant updates that won’t engage with your audience. To help you plan an effective social media strategy, here are three crucial tips to get you off on the right foot.
Most social media experts agree that the three platforms that generate the most business leads, engagement and brand exposure are Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter. When you’re getting started, your efforts should be primarily focused on these three. After you’ve gained followings here, then you can start forging paths into YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest amongst others.
Studies have shown that around lunch and dinner time are ideal posting times (since everyone is uploading photos of their meals). As for which days, many marketers agree your posts are most likely to get noticed on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So these are the times to deliver those high-impact messages you’ve been randomly shooting out.
On social media, you should always be focused on selling your services, right? Wrong. Only 15% of your posts should concern news about your business and its products. The other 85% should focus on providing fun, valuable and timely content.
When you create a new post, you should ask yourself what’s in it for the customer. What do they get from reading it? Seriously, why is someone going to share your post or talk about your business unless it adds value to their life? Think about the posts you share personally. Do they provide value to your friends and family? We’re guessing the answer is yes.
For more tips on how social media can create buzz for your business, contact us today.
Published on 23rd February 2015 by Jeanne DeWitt.