Hosted virtual desktops are a new form of desktop computing. It really removes the need for “traditional” physical desktop PCs in the office environment, and reduces the cost of providing the application and computing services that you need. A hosted virtual desktop looks and behaves like a regular desktop PC, but the software and data you use are hosted in our data centers and streamed securely to wherever you are. You access your hosted virtual desktop securely over an internet connection from via an existing PC or laptop, iPAD or thin client.
What are the Benefits:
- By moving to hosted virtual desktop you will be able to take advantage of our enterprise grade security and remove the burden of creating and maintain local security policies. All data stored is no longer on the physical device you use to access your virtual desktop so in the event of a local system crash or theft no data is lost. Your data is also backed up everyday and you have access to enterprise class firewalls and virus protection.
- Improves Productivity.
- With a virtual hosted desktop you can access your desktop from anywhere in the world where you have an internet connection giving you the ability to work at more times and in more locations than just at the computer at your office.
- Reduces expenses.
- You no longer have to invest in expensive PCs or notebook computers. Instead all you need is a simple device that can access the internet. Your processing power, memory and hard drive space all resides on the hosted virtual desktop, so you only pay for what you need. If today you need 20GB of HD space that’s all you pay for and if next month you need 30 GB we just turn that on and then you pay for that. No need to upgrade your computer or buy a new one. This reduces the significant cost of hardware refreshes and offers you predictable pricing enabling you to budget your IT expenditures more effectively.
- Go Green
- Using a virtual hosted desktop can cut your IT power consumption by up to 90%
- Backup / Disaster recovery.
- You data is backed up everyday offsite everyday. No need to worry about if your backup worked or not. And if your building loses power or is involved in a fire or catastrophic event, no worries because you can access your desktop for anywhere in the world.
- Highly scalable.
- Our solution enables your virtual desktop estate to grow seamlessly alongside your business. You can simply add or remove virtual desktops as your business needs dictate.
- High Availability
- All of our data centers are either tier 3 or tier 4 rated which means we have mulitple redundant network paths, dual powered servers and AC units. This enables us to provide you with a high availability SLA of 99.99%.
If you would like to learn more about how Hosted Virtual Desktop can help you, please contact us using our contact page.
Published on 29th January 2012 by Jeanne DeWitt.